When you start trading in shares or any other securities like Bullion’s, Metals and Currency contracts, the very first step is done by you is that you call your broker to place an order but why do you call? why you can’t put order on your own? Fact is you are scared to put an order because you don’t know how to place an order in the software provided by your broker.
Read This Post To Know How To Use ODIN Diet Software for Trading?
Mostly All Indian Brokers Provide a Diet Odin Software to place an order on your own, so today we will here go through a step by step guide to place an order in Diet Odin.
Steps to Place an Order in Diet Odin
1. First of All Login to your Diet Odin with your client code, if you are logging in for the first time then ask your broker for your new password.
After you open your Diet Odin you will see a login screen like shown below:
Enter your Unique Client Code allotted to you by your broker in the User Code: and Password (which you’ve asked from your broker).
2. After Successful login open your portfolio and select a scrip in which you have to place an order.
3. Press F1 or + after selecting your scrip to place a BUY order.
4. After that a Blue order entry screen will appear which indicates a buy order, you can see the same below:
In the above scrip I have selected SBIN (State Bank of India) Scrip to place an Buy order.
5. In the Order Entry screen you can see Total Qty option where you can enter the number of shares you wan’t to BUY.
6. In Price column you can enter the Price at which you want to BUY those number of shares.
7. After that Select a Product Type weather you wan’t to BUY shares for Intraday or Delievery.
- Margin: It means you wan’t to buy Shares for Intraday, which will automaticall square off by the exchange at 3:10pm IST.
- Delv: It means you wan’t to buy those shares for delievery, which will later on transferred to your DP.
8. After Filling out all the details press ENTER
9. A popup window will appear asking you to confirm the order and then to submit the order, Press Yes both time to continue with placing a BUY order.
Simmilar Steps are to be followed while placing a SELL order, but instead of step 3 following step is to be followed.
3. Press F2or – after selecting your scrip to place a SELL order.
If you have any query then feel free to comment below, and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter service we are going to update some more helping posts so stay updated.
- HOW SELL SHARE AFTER BUY WITH COVER ORDER
- how to place order